8th Grader Jaden Newman Adds 70 Point Game with 17 Threes To Her Impressive Resume
Back in 2015, I said “If Steph Curry was a 11-year old girl, his name would be Jaden Newman.” The reason why I said that was because Jaden Newman had just scored 59 points (two more than her previous best) with 16 threes in a single game.
Today, I’m repeating my “if Curry was a girl” comment because the 5’1″ 13-year-old Downey Christian star just knocked down 17-of-24 threes during a 70-point performance in a 115-31 victory! 17 threes out of just 24 attempts? Say what you want about the defense, her competition or whatever else that will make you feel better about yourself, 17-of-24 threes is impressive. And she’s a better shooter than you. If you disagree then submit me your resume so I can compare it to her list of accomplishments:
- She was playing varsity basketball and putting on basketball dribbling exhibitions on TV…at the age of 9
- BEAT Steph Curry in a shoot out…at the age of 10 (I joked with Curry about this and he said he needs a rematch)
- Scored 1,000 points in high school…at the age of 11
- Scored 2,000 points in high school…at the age of 12
- Appeared in a Ballislife ‘Day in the life’ video at the age of 13 (OK, this might not be as impressive but I have to do some shameless plugging)
She’s currently averaging 45.7 points a game this season and plans on attending UConn before becoming the first female in the NBA.
DAY IN THE LIFE
BEATING STEPH CURRY
59 POINTS W/ 16 3PTS
IN THE LAB: BETTER THAN THE BOYS