Bruce Bowen talks Harden’s defense, Vince & T-Mac settling & “mutual disgust” with Kobe
David AstramskasAka VincentDa & RedApples fka Expiredpineapples. My alter-ego is a digital-marketing guy in Houston. Won editing awards & created obsolete flash websites that have been featured in mags like Sports Illustrated. Studied film & women at FSU during the golden age of hip-hop. Collects records, laserdiscs, sports memorabilia & toys. Father of 2 daughters that are more athletic and popular on YouTube.
Follow @David Astramskas | September 23rd, 2014 | 6,059 Views
One of the most respected and hated defensive players of the past decade, Bruce Bowen, recently did an interview with Spurs Nation and discussed a range of topics from the current Spurs to battles with Kobe to James Harden’s defense. Here’s a few of the most interesting bytes from the full interview.
- He and Kobe initially had a “mutual disgust for each other” that turned into “respect real quick.”
- He blames the Rockets for James Harden’s “terrible” defense and said Harden did a good job guarding Kobe back in his OKC days
- Kobe, Dirk and Michael Redd were the 3 players he enjoyed guarding the most
- He believes Vince Carter could have been one of the all-time greats if he had “the desire of Kobe.” Tracy McGrady could have also been one of the greats but he “settled”
- Tim Duncan “thinks he’s a comedian” but isn’t as funny as he thinks he is. Proof: “Did you know a carrot only crunches so many times before you have to swallow?”
- Magic and Bird are two players he wish he could have defended