Heat, Cocaine, Money & Murder? The Classy Heat fan that gave Noah the finger is crazier and richer than you think
When I first talked about Filomena Tobias, the crazy Heat fan that flicked off Jaokim Noah, I jokingly said “i’m not condoning violence against women but…” After hearing the backstory on this crazier than I thought women who has been married 4 times, all rich guys, I started seriously thinking that this women might belong behind bars not behind the Miami Heat bench with season tickets.
HoopedupOnline summed up the craziness best with these 5 facts.
- She is the widow of former CNBC commentator Seth Tobias
“The woman whose one-finger salute has become an Internet sensation overnight is Filomena Tobias, the widow of former CNBC commentator and financial wizard Seth Tobias, said Filomena Tobias’ daughter, Victoria Racanati” – Sun Sentinel
- She once tried to suck cocaine out of her husbands nose — at a dinner party — in public
“Tobias had promised Phyllis that he would stop using cocaine, but she didn’t believe him. In the fall of 2005, the couple was having dinner at Bice, a Palm Beach restaurant, with six other people. Just after sitting down, Phyllis jumped from her seat and placed her lips over Tobias’s nose and began sucking. She was searching for cocaine residue.” – New York Times
- Her former brother in law thinks she has something to do with her husbands death (!!!!)
“[Tobias'] brothers, Samuel, Spence, Scott and Joshua, claim that Filomena Tobias drugged her husband and lured him into the pool, where he drowned. A former assistant to Seth Tobias has told the police that Filomena Tobias confessed to him that she had cajoled her husband, who was on a cocaine binge, into the water, promising him sex with a male go-go dancer know as “Tiger.” A lawyer for Filomena Tobias has called the claims outrageous.” – New York Times
- She loves the Miami Heat
Filomena Tobias is a Heat season ticket holder whose family attends every game. – Sun Sentinel
- Her third husband represented her in court in the death surrounding her second husband
Filomena’s third husband, divorce lawyer Jay Jacknin, served as one of her lawyers in the cases surrounding Seth Tobias’ death, and offered this description: “She had a great body. Women love her. Men find her fascinating. I just couldn’t afford her.” – Yahoo!
Want more. Here’s 4 more facts from SBNation
- In just one moment from their rocky marriage, Mrs. Tobias bought a Porsche on a credit card. (And then had to return it at the insistence of her husband.)
- Mrs. Tobias was accused by an internet psychic of killing her husband. That same internet psychic specifically of doing that by luring him into the pool by promising him “a sexual liaison with a gay porn star–exotic dancer who went by the name Tiger because of the tiger stripes he had tattooed on his body.”
- All of this was pursued in court by Tobias’ family, who was cut out of his will by Florida law in favor of Mrs. Tobias. (Under Florida law, a murder inconveniently voids certain parts of a will if it can be shown that the chief beneficiary had an active role in becoming that beneficiary sooner than nature intended.) She was cleared by the court, and is now filthy rich enough to have excellent seats for Miami Heat games.
- According to her daughter, upon seeing her mother: “I have to stay she still looks really hot.”
What else can I say but life’s unfair. The Miami Heat have the Big 3 which includes MVP LeBron and they will probably win another championship and this classy Miami Heat fan, instead of Lil Wayne, will be there to celebrate the championship…with more money than some players on the team.