Draymond Green + Top 10 Almost Quadruple-Doubles With Steals
I used to get mad at shot-blockers Mark Eaton and the late Manute Bol for missing triple-doubles because of points. On Friday night, I got mad in a similar way with Draymond Green because he missed the opportunity to become the fifth player (since blocks and stats were official stats in 1973) to record a quadruple-double…because of points! Green was six points shy of the rare feat and finished with a very roto friendly line of 4 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists, 10 steals and 5 blocks in a statement/revenge win against the Grizzlies.
If Green would have pulled off a quadruple-double, he would have joined Alvin “A$$hole” Robertson as the only players to record a quadruple with steals. Or should I say, first official one since Clyde Drexler was robbed of one in 1996 when the league took away one of his assists. So, in honor of Draymond’s flirting with the rare feat and Drexler getting robbed, here’s 10 times a player almost had a quadruple-double with steals.
- 1996: Clyde Drexler vs Kings: 25 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists, 10 steals
- 1986: Clyde Drexler vs Bucks: 26 points, 9 rebounds, 11 assists, 10 steals
- 1996: Mookie Blaylock vs 76ers: 14 points, 8 rebounds, 11 assists, 10 steals
- 1987 Fat Lever vs Nets: 21 points, 13 rebounds, 14 assists, 8 steals
- 1992: Clyde Drexler vs Pacers: 17 points, 8 rebounds, 9 assists, 8 steals
- 2015: Ricky Rubio vs Knicks: 9 points, 10 rebounds, 12 assists, 8 steals
- 2002: Ron Artest vs Heat: 25 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists, 8 steals
- 1990: Alvin Robertson: 27 points, 12 rebounds, 8 assists, 8 steals
- 1989: Michael Jordan vs Celtics: 42 points, 9 rebounds, 11 assists, 8 steals (in 1 half)
Click here to read about the history of the quadruple-double and the ones you don’t know about. Scroll down to watch some throwback vids of the games mentioned above.
RICKY RUBIO (2016)
MICHAEL JORDAN (1989)
MOOKIE BLAYLOCK (1998)
CLYDE DREXLER (1996)