Jalen Rose talked alot of trash with college kids – thinks MJ was hungover & not suffering from the flu in 97 Finals?
Astramskas, DavidAka VincentDa & RedApples fka Expiredpineapples. My alter-ego is a digital-marketing guy in Houston. Won editing awards & created obsolete flash websites that have been featured in mags like Sports Illustrated. Studied film & women at FSU during the golden age of hip-hop. Collects records, laserdiscs, sports memorabilia & toys. Father of 2 daughters that are more athletic and popular on YouTube.
Follow @Astramskas, David | February 5th, 2013 | 2,867 Views
No stranger to controversy and saying controversial things on TV, his Grantland youtube vids or via Twitter during beefs with ex players like Shaq, Jalen Rose was partying this past weekend in Bloomington for ESPN College GameDay and had supposedly had some controversial things to say about a few other ex NBA players.
Some students were taking notes during Rose’s speeches and posting it on Reddit. Here’s the best ones (keep in mind there is no proof he said any of these).
• “He seemed fairly confident that MJ was hungover in Game 5 of the ’97 Finals and didn’t actually have the flu”
• On Reggie Miller’s house burning down in 1997: “He is SURE [ex-wife] Marita Miller burned down Reggie’s house”
• “Joked how he couldn’t smoke weed because ‘man I work for Disney!! You don’t think they drug test us?’ “
• “He kept asking how the hell you work a bong and after getting chirped for it, he goes ‘PLEASE. black people only use pipes if they’re smoking crack’ “
• “He claimed he could hit 17 of 20 3s RIGHT THEN AND THERE, everyone howled and said no way, he just laughed and kept yelling ‘f*** ya’ll f*** ya’ll’ “
• “5am rolls around and he gets asked what time his flight is to leave for New Orleans – ‘oh I dunno….about 2 and a half hours’ “
• On Jamaal Tinsley: ‘The dude drank vodka more often than water…AND I let him live with me! For a MONTH!'”
Shout out to Deadspin for the story.