Jay Williams blasted for posting a pic of himself w/ Justin Bieber & saying “he is changing lives”
Astramskas, DavidAka VincentDa & RedApples fka Expiredpineapples. My alter-ego is a digital-marketing guy in Houston. Won editing awards & created obsolete flash websites that have been featured in mags like Sports Illustrated. Studied film & women at FSU during the golden age of hip-hop. Collects records, laserdiscs, sports memorabilia & toys. Father of 2 daughters that are more athletic and popular on YouTube.
Follow @Astramskas, David | July 8th, 2014 | 2,800 Views
Dukies receive a lot of hate as is. Even good-guy Grant Hill gets hated on a lot for being a Duke Blue Devil, but being a Blue Devil that supports “the Devil” that is Justin Bieber is just sinful to some. So when one of the best Blue Devils ever posted this pic of himself with Selena Gomez’ boyfriend and the caption,
Many of his followers on Twitter and Facebook took it too personally, felt betrayed and let the former NCAA Champion know it.
“Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone”
— Jay Williams (@RealJayWilliams) July 8, 2014
Also keep in mind that Jay has known Bieber since Justin had a likable public personality.
Now on to the hate,
- Jonathan Brooks – Really? A guy who graduated from Duke in 3 years thinks he is inspiring? Come on Jay.
- Jonathan Scott Salvi – F bieber!!! I have been a duke fan since 86 and a fan of you until now Jason You broke my heart Btw, my cousin lives in Durham and works at Duke… You are dead to us
- Tyler Welch – Lost mad respect for you jay. You prob got the mcants treatment at duke. Seeing as now your saying uneducated comments. Geez.
- Kathy Bryant Douglas – Maybe you should explain EXACTLY HOW that punk is inspiring and changing lives, because all we see is a spoiled rotten brat that is out of control. If you have something you can share, fine! Until then you lose all credibility!!! ALL!
- Kak Drimmel – Duke guys r supposed to b smart! Lost a lot of credibility with this post!
- Leah Matinzo Krzyzewski – J Will…..We, as Blue Devils have standards . This young man started out changing lives he has managed to wreck havoc in his own. That’s not what us Devils do!
- David Abraham – Jay, I’ll introduce you to some real world changers if you’d like. People that are changing a generation, fighting to end human trafficking, raising the orphaned, and many more. Bieber needs to be saved.
- Shaunece Wells – Changing lives…really? Well that may be true . He is showing his ass and letting young people think its cute to have money and be destructive…so right…for the WORST. *rolls eyes* Him, Chris Brown, Miley Cyrus, or any non celebrity kid/adult on the streets needs a boot camp lesson and be on GR, food stamps, have to pay rent WITH a budget, and have the Ferrari confiscated for a damn bus pass. I bet they will be pushing Joel Osteen OUT the pulpit to preach. People are out here facing REAL life issues. Unemployment, eviction, and bare cabinets. All he has to do is his interviews, record his records, do his PAID club appearances, and take his tail home and just chill and lay low. He has made mistakes young. I pray he gets it together while he is young. An old fool, there’s no excuse for!
I wish I had a list of how Bieber is changing the world but thanks to Billboard I do have a list of 25 ways Bieber is messing it up. It stops in January so I’m sure an updated list would be near 40.
- Feb. 10, 2013: Bieber attempts to host a livestream video during GRAMMYs ceremony, but Ustream experiences capacity issues. “Never been so frustrating,” he writes.
- March 2, 2013: Bieber tells fans that he has the “Worst birthday” after his 19th birthday soiree in London is cut short, reportedly due to a disagreement with security.
- March 5, 2013: Bieber issues a statement of apology after showing up late to a performance in London due to technical difficulties. “I never have any intent to upset or let anyone down,” he writes.
- March 6/7, 2013: One day after struggling to breathe mid-performance and fainting backstage, Bieber lashed out at a photographer in London with a stream of expletives. The verbal exchange was broadcast across Britain’s media.
- March 26, 2013: Allegations of battery are made after the singer is involved in a verbal altercation with a neighbor, who claims the pair came into physical contact. Bieber is not charged for the incident, which apparently stemmed from the neighbor complaining about Bieber’s reckless driving.
- March 30, 2013: Bieber is forced to leave his pet monkey in quarantine in Germany after failing to have the necessary documentation to bring the animal out of the Munich airport.
- April 15, 2013: Bieber is widely criticized after visiting the Anne Frank House museum in Amsterdam and writing into a guestbook that the Holocaust victim “would have been a Belieber.”
- April 25, 2013: Bieber’s tour bus is raided by police in Stockholm, Sweden, after an officer smelled marijuana coming from the vehicle. Unspecified narcotics are reportedly found on board, but no one is charged.
- May 5, 2013: Bieber is tackled on stage by a crazed fan during a performance in Dubai.
- May 7, 2013: A lawsuit is filed against Bieber and close friend Usher by two songwriters who claim the pair stole Bieber’s hit “Somebody To Love” from them in 2009.
- May 18, 2013: Bieber is booed onstage at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards while receiving the first-ever Milestone Award. “I’m an artist, and I should be taken seriously. All this other bull should not be spoken of,” he tells the crowd.
- May 28, 2013: Multiple onlookers, including former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson,publicly complain about Bieber’s reckless driving in his hometown of Calabasas, California.
- June 16, 2013: Bieber collides into a photographer with his Ferrari in Hollywood, and the incident is captured on video. No one is cited by police or injured during the incident.
- June 25, 2013: A lawsuit is filed by a paparazzo who claims Bieber kicked and punched him at a shopping center in Southern California in 2012.
- July 9, 2013: A video leaks showing Bieber urinating into a janitor’s mop bucket and yelling “F— Bill Clinton” as he passes a photo of the former U.S. president. Bieber later apologizes for the incident.
- July 28, 2013: U.S. border agents find marijuana on Bieber’s tour bus as it crosses into Canada from Detroit. Bieber is not on the bus at the time of the bust.
- October 7, 2013: A new photograph of Bieber holding what looks like a marijuana joint surfaces. Bieber was previously photographed holding what appeared to be a joint in January 2013.
- October 10, 2013: Bieber is accused of physically attacking a DJ in South Koreaover his music choices at a night club.
- November 1, 2013: Bieber is reportedly photographed leaving a brothel in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- November 2, 2013: Bieber leaves a performance in Brazil early after being pelted with a bottle onstage. Fans hang around the show for a half-hour hoping he would return, to no avail.
- November 6, 2013: Bieber is allegedly caught painting graffiti on a wall in Brazil, a crime punishable by up to one year in jail in the country. A similar charge is lobbed at Bieber during his tour visit to Australia.
- November 13, 2013: Bieber apologizes to fans after inadvertently sweeping an Argentinian flag offstage with his foot and mic stand during a performance in Buenos Aires. “Im so sorry for anyone who took my actions the wrong way and I hope you can forgive this mistake,” he writes on Twitter.
- December 24, 2013: Bieber posts on Twitter that he is “officially retiring,” and obliquely points out how the media makes up “a lot of lies” about him.
- January 14, 2014: Bieber’s California home is searched and the singer is questioned by the L.A. County Sheriff’s department after Bieber allegedly egged a neighbor’s house. An unspecified amount of cocaine was discovered in Bieber’s home, and one of the singer’s friends was arrested for felony drug possession.
- January 23, 2014: Bieber is arrested after being pulled over for drag racing in Miami Beach, and fails a drug test after being taken into custody.