Jeremy Lin Dominates Social Media | 10 Lessons We Can Learn From Lin Before We Go To Work On Monday
Astramskas, DavidAka VincentDa & RedApples fka Expiredpineapples. My alter-ego is a digital-marketing guy in Houston. Won editing awards & created obsolete flash websites that have been featured in mags like Sports Illustrated. Studied film & women at FSU during the golden age of hip-hop. Collects records, laserdiscs, sports memorabilia & toys. Father of 2 daughters that are more athletic and popular on YouTube.
Follow @Astramskas, David | February 12th, 2012 | 2,544 Views
There’s a great article Mashable released this morning about Linsanity and the world of social media. In the last week, Lin has added over 130k followers on Twitter and over 40k came after he introduced himself to Kobe Bryant. Every news outlet from People magazine to the Wall Street Journal has written about the new sensation and Ebay is getting filled up with bootleg Linsanity shirts and Lin rookie basketball cards. There’s countless threads going up in forums and hilarious pics being posted throughout the blogosphere.
Not to be outdone we followed through with our joke about Ballislin.com and put up a Jeremy Lin Social Media Portal. It has links to all the major Lin networks, news and even a YouTube playlist to go back to his Harvard days to his triple double in the D-League to his Mavs days of battling John Wall during the summer league to now which can only be explained as Linsane.
The following is a list of all the networks you need to be following to keep up with Linsanity.
- Website: http://ballislin.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/jlin7team & https://twitter.com/#!/JLin7
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jeremylin7
- Pinterest (images): http://pinterest.com/ballislife/linsanity/
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/s/jeremy%20lin
- Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=jeremy+lin&_sacat=See-All-Categories
- Latest Google Images: Google
Some good recent articles especially “10 Lessons Lin Can Teach Us Before We Go To Work Monday Morning“
- Believe in yourself when no one else does
- Seize the opportunity when it comes up
- Your family will always be there for you, so be there for them
- Find the system that works for your style
- Don’t overlook talent that might exist around you today on your team
- People will love you for being an original, not trying to be someone else
- Stay humble
- When you make others around you look good, they will love you forever
- Never forget about the importance of luck or fate in life
- Work your butt off
- Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericjackson/2012/02/11/9-lessons-jeremy-lin-can-teach-us-before-we-go-to-work-monday-morning/
- Wall Street Journal: http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2012/02/07/oh-the-lin-sanity-china-has-a-new-basketball-hero/
- New York Times: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/11/jeremy-lin-is-no-fluke/?scp=1&sq=jeremy%20lin&st=cse
- Mashable: http://mashable.com/2012/02/11/knicks-jeremy-lin-continues-internet-domination/