Kevin Garnett Makes History becoming the 1st NBA player to 20,10,5,1.5,1.5 club
Astramskas, DavidAka VincentDa & RedApples fka Expiredpineapples. My alter-ego is a digital-marketing guy in Houston. Won editing awards & created obsolete flash websites that have been featured in mags like Sports Illustrated. Studied film & women at FSU during the golden age of hip-hop. Collects records, laserdiscs, sports memorabilia & toys. Father of 2 daughters that are more athletic and popular on YouTube.
Follow @Astramskas, David | March 18th, 2012 | 5,114 Views
It’s been 17 years since the skinny kid straight outta high school entering the NBA got dunked on by Cedric Ceballos who then shouted “he’s not ready!” Last night, KG became the first player in NBA history to have 20k points, 10k rebounds, 5k assists 1.5k steals and 1.5k blocks. He also becomes the 3rd player in NBA history to hit the 20, 10, 5 mark joining Kareem & Karl Malone. I guess this milestone can now be called the KKK group (just kidding).
If you play fantasy basketball and ever had KG on your team around 2000-2006 you probably won in your league and you fully appreciate and understand how KG accomplished these milestones. Here’s a couple games to reminisce
- 2/16/03: 37pts 22rebs 6ast
- 1/4/05: 47pts 17rebs 4ast, 3stls
- 12/5/03: 33pts 25rebs 6ast 3blks
- 12/10/04: 35pts 18rebs 9ast 4stl
- 12/27/99: 26pts 23rebs 7ast 4blks
- 11/19/02: 34pts 22rebs 6ast
- 1/12/05: 19pts 25rebs 8ast
Who would of thought that teenage stick figure would become one of the greatest of all-time. Like KG said “Anything is possible”
[youtube id=”zyjOy7fRzs0″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NBA Champion: 2008
- Olympic gold medal: 2000
- NBA Most Valuable Player: 2004
- NBA Defensive Player of the Year: 2008
- NBA All-Star Game MVP: 2003
- 14-time NBA All-Star: 1997—2011
- Selected to 14 consecutive All-Star teams (1997-2011) (no game in 1999 due to lockout).
- Selected, but did not play due to injury in 2008.
- 9-time All-NBA selection:
- First Team: 2000, 2003, 2004, 2008
- Second Team: 2001, 2002, 2005
- Third Team: 1999, 2007
- 11-time All-Defensive:
- First Team: 2000—2005, 2008—2009, 2011
- Second Team: 2006, 2007
- NBA All-Rookie selection:
- Second team: 1996
- J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award: 2006
- Ranked #30 in SLAM Magazine’s 2009 revision of the top 50 greatest players of all time (published in the August 2009 issue)