Kobe Bryant Is About To Move In With His Auntie & Uncle In Bel-Air
Shout out to Mike McCray for the caption “Kobe really bout to move-in with his auntie and uncle in Bel-Ai” and the hilarious mash-up video of Kobe Bryant throwing up a desperation hook shot and a shot of the guys getting hit by a ball from the opening credits of the TV show ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.”
Besides this video, Kobe Bryant and Will Smith actually have a few other things in common.
- Both are from Philly but Will did not play basketball in high school
- Both had rap careers, although Kobe’s album was left on the shelf and Will has a Grammy and multiple platinum albums.
- Will dated Tyra Banks on the Fresh Prince and in real life. Kobe did a song with Tyra Banks
- Will was the emcee at a NBA dunk contest. Kobe won a NBA dunk contest.
- Will made 3 ‘Men in Black’ films with partner in crime Tommy Lee Jones. Kobe won 3 championships with his former partner in crime Shaq.
- Speaking of Shaq, according to the Diesel, when Kobe came into the league he said he “I’m going to be the Will Smith of the NBA.” I’m not exactly sure what that meant but he did play with Will Smith look-a-like Robert Horry for a few years.
One amusing difference between the two this year is Kobe was voted to the All-Star game because he’s well liked, not because of his work this season. Will Smith was not nominated for an Oscar this year, despite being so well liked. My two cents is his performance in the mediocre ‘Concussion’ isn’t even close to being worthy of a nomination and that most people complaining about Oscar snubs haven’t seen a tenth of the nominated films and don’t know anything about the history of the Oscars and/or how the Academy works. Imagine a person complaining about All-Star snubs when they not only have never seen the voted in players play, but they can’t even tell you anything about the players stats.
Anyways, i’m looking forward to seeing Will in the upcoming ‘Suicide Squad,’ which could be the name of this season’s Lakers team – especially if the relationship between Coach Scott and some of the young guys gets any worse.