LeBron James on the film set of Judd Apatow’s film “Trainwreck”
Back in December we said LeBron would be making his film debut in a film called “Ballers” with Kevin Hart. Then in February, a rumor of LeBron starring in a Space Jam sequel hit the web but thankfully that buzz died pretty quickly. Then in May, LeBron got a small part in Judd Apatow’s new film called “Trainwreck.” The film has a pretty interesting cast ranging from Daniel “Harry Potter” Radcliffe, that guy from Captain Phillips (that doesn’t play for the Bulls), Method Man, Amy Schumer and Tilda Swinton (who is in the very awesome “SnowPiercer”).
TMZ caught LeBron and his pregnant wife on the set and here’s the not so exciting footage but as a fan of LeBron and fan of Apatow I thought it was worth sharing.
Here’s a list of films with NBA players in supporting or lead roles and how well they did (in millions) at the box office. Also be sure to consider inflation and the rise of ticket prices and the amount of screenings when comparing the films. Back in the mid 90s, most theaters didn’t carry more than 10 films and tickets were between $2.50-7.50.
- Space Jam (1996) w/ Michael Jordan: $230
- Grown Ups 2 (2013) w/ Shaq: $133
- Scary Movie 4 (2006) w/ Shaq: $90
- Airplane (1980) w/ Kareem: $83
- Like Mike (2002) w/ lots of players: $62
- Eddie (1996) w/ lots of players: $31
- Blue Chips (1994) w/ Shaq & Penny Hardaway: $23
- He Got Game (1998) w/ Ray Allen: $21
- Just Wright (2010) w/ lots of players: $21
- Kazaam (1996) w/ Shaq: $19
- Double Team (1997) w/ Dennis Rodman: $11
- The Perfect Score (2004) w/ Darius Miles: $10
- Black and White (2000) w/ Allan Houston: $5.2
- Steel (1997) w/ Shaq 1.7
- Thunderstruck (2012) w/ Kevin Durant: $587k
- Minis (2007) w/ Dennis Rodman – Straight to DVD