Michael Carter-Williams & Victor Oladipo record triple doubles in Double OT fantasy game
Editor in Chief
Aka VincentDa & RedApples fka Expiredpineapples. My alter-ego is a digital-marketing guy in Houston. Won editing awards & created obsolete flash websites that have been featured in mags like Sports Illustrated. Studied film & women at FSU during the golden age of hip-hop. Collects records, laserdiscs, sports memorabilia & toys. Father of 2 daughters that are more athletic and popular on YouTube.
Follow @David Astramskas
I remember quite a few people saying this year’s rookie crop was weak…those must have been the same people that thought Anthony Bennett deserved to be the #1 pick.
It only took a couple of hours into the NBA season until we knew we had a future star in Philly with Michael Carter-Williams who almost dropped a quadruple double in his debut. Over in Orlando, Magic fans are enjoying the sights and sounds of Victor Oladipo scoring, dunking, singing and getting better every game.
Last night, the two teams that those same critics thought would be intentionally tanking, faced off in a fantasy basketball dream game that went into double overtime.
- Afflalo had fantasy owners that didn’t have him on their roster feeling like Kendrick Lamar with his 43/6/5 line
- Glen Davis had 33 points
- Victor Oladipo had triple double of 26/10/10/3
- Michael Carter-Williams matched Victor with 27/12/10/3 (but 7 turnovers)
- Evan Turner continued his great play with 24/6/5 (but 8 turnovers)
- Thad Young had a monster double double with 25 & 12
The 76ers came away with the 1 point win (126-125) and the triple doubles by the two rookies marked the first time in history 2 rookies accomplished the feat in the same game.