Russell Wesbrook Taunts Suns Bench After Historic 50 Point Triple Double & OT Game-Winner
Astramskas, DavidAka VincentDa & RedApples fka Expiredpineapples. My alter-ego is a digital-marketing guy in Houston. Won editing awards & created obsolete flash websites that have been featured in mags like Sports Illustrated. Studied film & women at FSU during the golden age of hip-hop. Collects records, laserdiscs, sports memorabilia & toys. Father of 2 daughters that are more athletic and popular on YouTube.
Follow @Astramskas, David | October 29th, 2016 | 9,277 Views
Leandro Barbosa’s face says it all. That’s the face you make when you just watched a player…
- Put up the first triple-double with 50 points since Kareem Abdul Jabbar (50/10/11) in 1975
- Score the 3rd most points ever with a triple double make, behind only Wilt and Elgin Baylor. FYI, Wilt’s triple double was 53 points, 32 rebounds and 14 assists in 1968.
- Attempt 44 shots in a game, 1 shy of Wilt’s 34 in a half record set in 1969
- Tied the Thunder record for most points scored in a quarter (23 by KD)
- Came within 1 point of Wilt’s record (34) of points in a half against the Suns
- Put up the fourth triple double with 40 points in the past 2 years, joining Westbrook, Westbrook and Westbrook.
And it’s the face you make when an opposing player makes a game-winner in OT and then starts screaming around you by your team’s bench.
“You’ve got to want to win,” Westbrook said. “Very simple. When you want to win, you don’t think about being tired. To me, being tired is a mind thing. It’s in your mind. You’ve got to go out there and compete at a high level and leave it on the floor.”
Westbrook’s Final Wilt-Like Line: 51 points, 13 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 steals (17-44 fg, 2-10 3pt, 15-20 ft). The 44 field goal attempts is a career-high and the triple-double is his 38th.