Seventh Woods (best 14 year old in the country) – Flawless Mix + USAB Training Camp Interview
[jwplayer player="1" mediaid="50248"]
It’s really scary to think how good the high flying 6’2″ 14 year old Seventh Woods will be by the time he graduates with his class of 2016. As a freshman in high school he put up 19, 4, 4 and 3 steals a game along with dunks and blocks that belong on ESPN’s top plays.
Thanks to Hank McCoy, we can spend the next 2 minutes in awe over the should-be-but-not-overrated skills of Seventh Woods who was also a member of the USA Basketball U16 National team.
USA Basketball Notes
- Named to the 2013 USA Basketball Men’s U16 National Team on June 4, 2013.
- Named to the 2013-14 USA Basketball Men’s Developmental National Team on March 27, 2013.
- Participated in the October 2012 USA Developmental National Team mini-camp, held in Colorado Springs, Colo.
High School Honors
- 2013 MaxPreps Freshman All-American first team.
- Competed for the North in the 2013 South Carolina Independent School Association (SCISA) North-South Class AAA All-Star Game.
- 2013 SCISA Region I MVP.
- 2012 and 2013 SCISA All-AAA Region I.
- 2013 HSSR Class AAA Player of the Year.
- 2012 High School Sports Report (HSSR) Rookie of the Year.
High School Notes
- Attends Hammond School (S.C.), where as a freshman in 2012-13 he averaged 19.3 ppg., 3.5 rpg., 4.3 apg. and 2.7 spg. in aiding his team to a 22-5 record and the SCISA Class AAA championship game.
- Played varsity as an eighth grader and averaged
14.6 ppg., 5.8 rpg., 3.3 apg. and 4.5 spg. as the Skyhawks posted a 14-12 record.
- Once scored 49 points, grabbed five boards and dished out 10 assists in a single game.
The Inside Scoop
- Memorable item from the London Olympics was the obvious team chemistry between the members of the 2012 U.S. Olympic Men’s Basketball Team.
- Favorite player on the 2012 U.S. Olympic Team: Chris Paul, “because of his leadership as a point guard.”
- Plans on majoring in: sports management.
- If he could drive anything, it would be: a BMW.
- Top five movies of all time: Waist Deep, Real Steel, Like Mike, Never Back Down and The Hulk.
- Favorite sports magazine: Sports Illustrated.
- Pregame snack: Skittles.
- Has a pit bull-Laborador Retriever mix named King.
- Favorite app: Instagram.
- Favorite sport other than basketball: football.
- Favorite class: science.
- Favorite basketball player of all time: Carmelo Anthony.
- Favorite team: Los Angeles Clippers.
- Favorite Olympian: Carmelo Anthony.
- Most played song on his iPod: “No New Friends” by Drake.
- Best player ever faced: Perry Dozier.
- Most impressive person ever met: his father.
- Would compare his game to: Chris Paul.
- This right-hander wears No. 23 because: of the history of the number.
- Away from the court, enjoys: spending time with his brothers.
- Most people don’t know: he talks a lot at home.
- Has never traveled outside the United States.