The Warriors Historic 45 Point 1st Quarter Had The Blazers Tweeting Hilarious Sad Stuff
“We knew if we threw the first punch, we knew that it would overwhelm them a bit, especially being up 3-0,” said Kevin Durant after his Warriors completed their sweep of the Blazers on Monday night.
That first punch was a franchise record and NBA playoff tying record 45 points in the first quarter; The Showtime Lakers did it in 1985, Mavs in 86 and Rockets in 2015.
Here’s a few more crazy stats form the demoralizing opening quarter for the Blazers.
- The Warriors shot 62.5% (72.7% on threes)
- Started the quarter with a 14-0 lead.
- Steph Curry scored or assisted on 25 points
- The 28-point lead was largest any team had in a first quarter this season
- The Warriors had just 3 less points and field goals in the first quarter than the Blazers had in a half
- The Warriors had five more assists in the first quarter than the Blazers had in a half (6)
Besides Damian Lillard, the Blazers Twitter account deserves some praise for tweeting out some hilarious stuff during the historic beatdown.