Top 8 NBA Opening Night Performances
Editor in Chief
Aka VincentDa & RedApples fka Expiredpineapples. My alter-ego is a digital-marketing guy in Houston. Won editing awards & created obsolete flash websites that have been featured in mags like Sports Illustrated. Studied film & women at FSU during the golden age of hip-hop. Collects records, laserdiscs, sports memorabilia & toys. Father of 2 daughters that are more athletic and popular on YouTube.
Follow @David Astramskas
As we wait to see who will go off on opening night of the 2016/2017 NBA season (and either win or lose me some money in Fanduel and Draftkings), here’s a new video by The Starters about 8 of the best opening night performances in the past few decades.
- 2007: Kobe scores 45 on the Rockets, 18 in the 4th
- 1985: Larry Bird with a triple double vs the Nets
- 1988: Dale Ellis drops 46 on the Jazz
- 2015: Steph Curry 40 on the Pelicans, 24 in the first quarter
- 1989: Karl Malone scores 40 as Stockton dishes out 19 assists
- 2014: Anthony Davis almost had a triple double with blocks (9)
- 1996: Clyde Drexler gets robbed of a quadruple double (25/10/10/9)
- 1989: Cavs killer Michael Jordan goes off for 54 on the Cavs.
Watch The Starters on weekdays at 7PM EST on NBATV