Uncle Drew on latest cover of Slam’s annual Kicks magazine
Editor in Chief
Aka VincentDa & RedApples fka Expiredpineapples. My alter-ego is a digital-marketing guy in Houston. Won editing awards & created obsolete flash websites that have been featured in mags like Sports Illustrated. Studied film & women at FSU during the golden age of hip-hop. Collects records, laserdiscs, sports memorabilia & toys. Father of 2 daughters that are more athletic and popular on YouTube.
Follow @David Astramskas
I always look forward to Slam’s annual mag dedicated to sneakers called Kicks, so on a slow day of hoop news, I was glad to hear I have an excuse to go to the store and pick up a copy. I was disappointed to see that there’s only 1 cover this time as opposed to last year when they put out 3.
So in the meantime I thought I would dig through my Slam stash and read some old issues. I came across this one from 2001 with Kobe on the cover. Here’s some interesting things for a blast from the past
- Derek Anderson Nike ad
- Allen Iverson article about how he might be the best player in the league
- Steve Francis in college
- Kevin Garnett article and mentions how crazy it would be to ever consider trading him
- Ad for a new album by C-Murder who is in jail for…murder
- Darius Miles article
- Ad for Air Alert 2 with “Larry Hughes – Air Alert User”
- Jerry Stackhouse article
- Shawn Bradley full page picture
- 2 page ad for the And1 Mixtape Tour