Check out our Latest NCAAB Picks
03/31/2023 - 6:00 pm
03/29/2023 - 7:10 pm
Bet the Pacers to cover
03/28/2023 - 7:30 pm
Scotia Bank Arena
Bet the Raptors to cover
03/28/2023 - 7:00 pm
Capital One Arena
NCAAB - All you need to know
NCAAB, also known as College Basketball, is a sport that not only showcases the professional stars of tomorrow but is the host of one of the most exciting events in all of sports betting—March Madness.
You’re accumulating data and information throughout the regular season to make the best basketball picks for March Madness.
In sports betting, NCAAB is best represented by Division 1 schools/teams. There are 358 Division 1 College Basketball teams, and they all fight to be the No. 1 squad at the end of the season. There are plenty of NCAA basketball picks to make all season long.
A brief guide to NCAAB betting
- College Betting Legality: While plenty of states have legal sports betting, some have limitations on making NCAA basketball picks, such as College Basketball picks against the spread. You’ll want to see if the state you play in has any limitations—we have plenty of information on that. Outside of outright not being allowed to bet on college sports, prohibitions include prop bets, betting on in-state teams, and being unable to bet on in-state teams unless they’re part of an intercollegiate tournament like March Madness or the NIT.
- Moneyline: When betting on the moneyline, you’re betting on which team you think will win the game outright, with no strings attached.
- Point Spread: The point spread is a number generated by the online sportsbook to illustrate the gap in power between the two teams. If a team is -5, they’ll need to win by more than five points. If they’re +5, they must either win the game outright or lose by no less than five fives to allow for a win or push (more on that term later).
- Props: Props are available for the game, team, and single-player. A popular example of NCAAB prop bets would be total points scored in a game.
- March Madness: On top of betting each game, some sites will offer up an NCAA bracket that you can participate in to predict each winner.
Why trust our betting tips?
If our site name didn’t give it away—ahem, it’s Ballislife, by the way—we love the game of basketball. Whether college or professional, we eat, sleep, and breathe basketball.
Our tips become a bit more intriguing because we have that passion but also mix it with thorough and thoughtful research and non-bias analysis—our goal is to deliver the best College Basketball predictions and free College Basketball picks.
You can trust that we aren’t recommending any bets we wouldn’t make ourselves. Thus, plenty of thought goes into our College Basketball picks today and in the future.
- Leverage Welcome Bonuses: Welcome bonuses present thousands of dollars in value, especially if you’re in a state with multiple sportsbooks. Before placing a bet, check out the other sportsbooks in your state to see which ones you can leverage next.
- Don’t Let The National Ranking Decide For You: Every year, a higher-ranked team loses to a lower-ranked or unranked team. This is especially prevalent with Big Ten basketball predictions, which have plenty of exciting teams. The same goes for March Madness. How often do you see a low seed upset a top seed?
- Monitor Injury Report: In a game like NCAAB, which has numerous contests on the schedule, teams won’t be afraid to sit players out if they need to. Be sure to check out injury reports each day to ensure key/star players are playing in the game.
- When In Doubt, Bet Totals: Totals are some of our favorite NCAA basketball picks to make. These are typically around the mid-100s. Find teams that are capable of shooting three-point shots and seek out College Basketball upset predictions.
- Bankroll Management: When you deposit money, we recommend not betting more than 10% of your budget per bet. That helps you spread out your wagers and make your bankroll budget last longer.
- Analyze Key Statistics: It goes without saying, but you need to look at the statistics of each team before betting. We recommend looking into points per game, offensive rebounds, possessions per game, points scored in the point, opponent points per game, and more.
Things you should think about before placing a NCAAB bet
- Get the Best Odds: All of our NCAA Basketball predictions today have a pick and the site with the best odds. However, if you’re looking at something we may not have picked for or for whatever reason, always browse and odds shop to find the best value.
- Monitor Promotions: If you have an account at a sportsbook and have already used the welcome bonus, check out the promotions page regularly to see if any new promotions are available to existing players.
- Look at the Betting Odds: On top of odds shopping, pay attention to the actual odds. On point spread or totals wagers, anything outside -110 could indicate a chance is incoming at some point.
- Get Ready to React To Losing Wager: If your wager is losing, monitor the site to see what cash out options are available to you or be ready to hedge in live betting situations.
Our Top 5 tips for finding your favorite bookie for NCAAB
As mentioned, our College Basketball predictions feature our pick and the best sportsbook for that bet. However, we understand you may need to make some bets before looking at the site or want to try something else. Before doing so, view our tips below and consider them when choosing where to play. We also offer numerous online sportsbook reviews.
- Welcome Bonus: On top of what the welcome bonus is, be honest with yourself when evaluating if you can leverage it properly. There are wagering requirements to remember on deposit bonuses, but risk-free bets might be more your speed, especially for one-and-down wagers.
- Check out the Promotions Page: Before creating an account, look at the promotions page to see if any NCAAB-specific offers are available.
- User Interface Design: Whether it’s the desktop site or the mobile app, check out the user interface to see if it’s something you can enjoy navigating. We also highly recommend downloading the app to see if there’s any noticeable lag.
- Betting Markets: Sportsbooks offer different betting methods for NCAA basketball picks. So, when looking for your next site to play at, see if they offer ways to wager on the sport you may have yet to see, such as prop bets.
- Payment Options: When it comes to payment methods, the more, the merrier. You must be able to deposit funds, yes, but it’s arguably more important there are ways to withdraw that you can utilize.
Useful NCAAB betting tip vocabulary
- Parlays: Wager on multiple games on one betslip—all games on the parlay ticket must win for your wager to settle as a win.
- Same Game Parlay: You can also make a parlay within one game with wagers like the moneyline, total, and a prop.
- Legs: This is how people refer to the number of games on a parlay betslip. For example, if there are three games, there are three legs.
- Futures: Wager on events happening toward the end of the season, such as division winner and NCAA Tournament winner.
- Push: If your wager results in a tie, you’ll get what’s known as a push. This means you’ll get your initial wager back.
- Juice: Sportsbooks take some form of a commission with most wagers. The best way to think of it is anything beyond -110, such as -110. The -10 here is juice.
- Hook: When a point spread or total has 0.5 a point, that half-point is the hook.
- Hedge: This means protecting yourself against a loss by getting involved in other betting scenarios to mitigate the initial bet. Hedging your bets means getting involved in other outcomes of the game betting-wise to ensure you mitigate your initial wager's incoming results.
- Underdog: The team that’s not likely to win the game. These appear with a “+.”
- ATS: ATS is an abbreviation and statistic. It stands for “against the spread,” which is a stat that shows the team's record and how they’ve done against teams covering the spread.
- Backdoor Cover: When you wager on something, and as the game ends, a player makes a three-point shot or layup; it doesn’t have an impact on the final score and results in you covering the spread; this is a backdoor cover.
NCAAB Betting Prediction and our Conclusion
NCAAB is a phenomenal sport to bet on; a big part of that is March Madness. This is the first major sporting event after the Super Bowl, so bettors are hyped to get in on the action.
Now, that should include you.
From here, take the vocabulary list, tips for placing a bet, and tips for picking an NCAAB basketball site with you to improve your chances of winning.
Depending on when you’re reading this, March Madness could be soon—don’t miss out and get in on the NCAAB betting action today.