We go 20 deep from five separate regions of the nation in our final Top 20 Regional Rankings. We rank 100 teams and nobody across the country ranks as many teams as Ballislife.com. This season, our five regions were released separately as COVID-19 affected when teams finished up around the country. We began with the Southeast Region, moved on to the Midwest Region, then the Southwest Region, then the East Region and now conclude with the West Region, which had the majority of its top teams play a spring schedule that concluded in Oregon on June 24. Our regional rankings are now complete. We still have our expanded FAB 50 rankings will full breakdowns on the nation’s 50 best teams to publish, along with our annual All-American Elite team.
Final 2020-21 FAB 50
(Preseason ranking in parentheses)
By Ronnie Flores
RELATED: Final East Top 20 | Final Southeast Top 20 | Final Midwest Top 20 |Final Southwest Top 20 | Final 2020-21 FAB 50 Rankings
WEST Region Top 20
(Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming)
1. (2) Wasatch Academy (Mt. Pleasant, Utah) 18-7***
2. (13) Centennial (Corona, Calif.) 21-2
3. (NR) Etiwanda (Etiwanda, Calif.) 14-2
4. (NR) Torrey Pines (San Diego, Calif.) 30-1
5. (3) Sierra Canyon (Chatsworth, Calif.) 16-2
6. (NR) Sunnyslope (Phoenix, Ariz.) 21-1
7. (NR) St. Mary’s (Pheonix, Ariz.) 20-1
8. (NR) Thunderidge (Highlands Ranch, Col.) 13-2
9. (NR) Davis (Kaysville, Utah) 22-4
10. (NR) Catalina Foothills (Tuscon, Ariz.) 19-1
11. (NR) Damien (La Verne, Calif.) 29-4
12. (20) Cherry Creek (Greenwood Village, Col.) 17-1
13. (6) Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.) 27-4
14. (17) St. John Bosco (Bellflower, Calif.) 23-4
15. (NR) Campolindo (Moraga, Calif.) 15-0
16. (19) Seattle Prep (Seattle, Wash.) 11-2
17. (NR) Archbishop Mitty (San Jose, Calif.) 17-1
18. (NR) Jefferson (Portland, Ore.) 14-3
19. (NR) East Anchorage (Anchorage, Alaska) 17-0
20. (NR) Meridian (Meridian, Idaho) 18-1
*Indicates forfeit wins/losses not included.
**Indicates default wins/losses not included.
***Indicates results vs. out-of-season opponents not included.
Note: The FAB 50 powered by Ballislife.com is a continuation of the National Sports News Service ratings that began in 1952. These were the first national high school rankings and the late Art Johlfs of Minnesota compiled them. They were compiled for many years by the late Barry Sollenberger of Phoenix, who merged them into the FAB 50 21 years ago.
Ronnie Flores is the national Grassroots editor of Ballislife.com. He can be reached at [email protected]. Don’t forget to follow him on Twitter: @RonMFlores