During Monday’s 127-99 loss to the Wolves, LeBron James was held to just 10 points for the fourth time in his career. In his 27 minutes on the floor, he made 4-of-8 shots, grabbed 8 boards, dished out 5 assists, blocked 2 shots and finished with a career worst -39 in the plus/minus column. As expected, being asked about his -39 after taking a 28-point beatdown was the last thing he cared to hear about.
“I won a game when I had a bad plus/minus before so what does that matter.” Replied a frustrated looking James. “I don’t give a damn about no plus/minus”
Well, if “bad” means anything worse than -20 then LeBron is incorrect. But, I would suggest not telling him that.
Just in case you do care about the stat he and Charles Barkley really don’t give a F about, here’s LeBron’s worst +/- performances of his career.
- 1/8/18 Loss at MIN: -39, 10 PTS
- 1/18/16 Loss vs GSW: -34, 16 PTS
- 1/16/17 Loss at GSW: -32, 20 PTS
- 10/21/17 Loss vs ORL: -31, 22 PTS
And just in case you were wondering about those 10-point games by James, it’s been over a decade since he had one.
- 1/8/18 Loss at MIN: 10 PTS, 4-8 FG
- 10/31/07 Loss vs DAL: 10 PTS, 2-11 FG
- 4/10/04 Win vs MIA: 10 PTS, 4-11 FG
- 11/14/03 Loss at BOS: 10 PTS, 3-12 FG
And here’s LeBron getting a close look at Tyus Jones throwing down the second dunk of his career during the Cavs embarrassing loss.