Infographic comparison: Jordan, Kobe & LeBron at age 28
Astramskas, DavidAka VincentDa & RedApples fka Expiredpineapples. My alter-ego is a digital-marketing guy in Houston. Won editing awards & created obsolete flash websites that have been featured in mags like Sports Illustrated. Studied film & women at FSU during the golden age of hip-hop. Collects records, laserdiscs, sports memorabilia & toys. Father of 2 daughters that are more athletic and popular on YouTube.
Follow @Astramskas, David | March 23rd, 2013 | 97,742 Views
Chill out Jordan, Kobe & LeBron fans. This infographic is not meant to be the end all arguments when comparing the three NBA greats. It’s just an interesting graphic with some interesting stats that serves as a catalyst for some fun conversations.
Here’s a couple of things to consider before looking at the stats and cursing out people that disagree with you.
- Jordan played 3 years in college and was a 21 year old rookie. Kobe & LeBron were 18.
- Jordan only played 18 games in his second season but averaged 37 the following year
- Jordan’s Player Efficiency rating was first in the league every year until he was 28 except for his rookie year where he was ranked #2 (and injured 2nd year). LeBron is ranked #2 behind Jordan for Career PER
- Jordan’s Win Shares was first in the league every year until he was 28 except for his rookie year where he was ranked #2 (and injured 2nd year)
- Jordan’s was All-NBA 1st team every year until he was 28 except for his rookie year where he was ranked #2 (and injured 2nd year)
- Jordan had MVP votes every year including 6 his rookie season
As you can tell, i’m not showing any favoritism.