10 Things Kyrie Irving Can’t Live Without
Editor in Chief
Aka VincentDa & RedApples fka Expiredpineapples. My alter-ego is a digital-marketing guy in Houston. Won editing awards & created obsolete flash websites that have been featured in mags like Sports Illustrated. Studied film & women at FSU during the golden age of hip-hop. Collects records, laserdiscs, sports memorabilia & toys. Father of 2 daughters that are more athletic and popular on YouTube.
Follow @David Astramskas
I’ve heard more from Kyrie Irving in the past week than the previous 6 months of 2018. The crossover King has been busy promoting Uncle Drew everywhere from websites to podcasts to radio and morning TV shows.
One of my favorite promotional pieces (besides the HOT 97 interview below) was this “10 Things Kyrie Irving Can’t Live Without” video by GQ magazine.
- No. 1 LeBron James! (just kidding)
- White women (also just kidding)
- His notebook/journal (the juicy stories that are probably in there)
- Rolex Sky-Dweller (nice Dad story)
- Bracelets (another nice Dad story)
- Headphones (Skullcandy? Cool to hear he loves the Podcast of Bruce Lee’s daughter)
- Toiletry Bag (even if you don’t know the name)
- Wallet (a cool gift from a media member with a photo of his daughter)
- Beard Brush (a few other NBA players could use one of these)
- Oxy Pads (surprising pick)
- Cologne (2 sprays of Sauvage by Dior)
- Cocoa Butter (I agree)
- Ice Breakers (so you don’t have to decide if you want to “swallow or spit”)
Here’s a couple bonus promo videos, including the Hot 97 video, a visit to “Good Morning America” with his Uncle Drew co-stars and an interview with a guy wearing a Golden State Warriors hoodie.