Best Plays from 2012 Team USA (LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Melo, Westbrook)
Astramskas, DavidAka VincentDa & RedApples fka Expiredpineapples. My alter-ego is a digital-marketing guy in Houston. Won editing awards & created obsolete flash websites that have been featured in mags like Sports Illustrated. Studied film & women at FSU during the golden age of hip-hop. Collects records, laserdiscs, sports memorabilia & toys. Father of 2 daughters that are more athletic and popular on YouTube.
Follow @Astramskas, David | August 2nd, 2013 | 18,116 Views
The 2012 Team USA team dominated their competition while setting records on their journey to gold at the London Olympics last summer. Although the Dream Team vs 2012 Team USA arguments became very tiring and annoying, the highlights remain as exciting today as the day they happened.
Check out this mix from Kietasss of the best plays from LeBron, Kobe, Cp3, Durant, Melo, AD, Deron Williams, Iggy, Tyson and Love’s lovely golden summer.
Also check out the records set against Nigeria in an 83 point blowout.
- Olympic record – 71.1 field goal percentage James Harden, who also almost suffered an ankle injury after getting crossedover, was the only US player to shoot under 50%. Iggy & Davis both shot 100% and Westbrook & Deron Williams both only missed 1 shot.
- Olympic record – 29 3-pointers on 63% Surprisingly LeBron was 1 of the 3 players that did not make a 3. Chandler & Davis were the other two.
- Olympic record – 83-point victory: The previous US record was 79 when US beat Cuba 136-57. US scored 49 in the 1st quarter and lead by 24.
- Olympic record – 156 total points: This broke Brazil’s record of 138 points against Egypt. The record was broke with 4:37 left in the game.
- Team USA record – 37 points from Carmelo Anthony: This is something you wont see in the NBA. Melo scoring 37 points on only 16 shot attempts! He broke the record of 31 previously held by Stephon Marbury against Spain in 2004.
- Olympic record – Melo hits 10 3-pointers: 5 came in the first half and then 5 came during a 2 minute stretch in the 3rd quarter. Ironically, he missed the one 3 point attempt that he thought was going on so he pulled a Bird and started celebrating after shooting it.