Final 2017-18 Midwest Region Top 20 Rankings
Ronnie FloresRonnie has evaluated basketball talent for 20 years and has over 15 years of experience in publishing, editing and managing high school sports websites for companies such as Student Sports, ESPN and Ballislife. Ronnie compiles the FAB 50 National Team Rankings while serving as an account manager and consultant for grassroots event run by Ballislife and other companies, in addition to serving as a color commentator on high school broadcasts.
Follow @Ronnie Flores | April 5th, 2018 | 950 Views
We go 20 deep from five separate regions of the nation in our final Top 20 Regional Rankings. We rank 100 teams and nobody across the country ranks as many teams as Ballislife.com. Final No. 1 teams are Oak Hill Academy (East), Montverde Academy (Southeast), La Lumiere (Midwest), Allen (Southwest) and Findlay Prep (West).
Final 2017-18 FAB 50
(Through games played on Saturday, March 31; Preseason ranking in parentheses)
By Ronnie Flores
MIDWEST Region Top 20
(Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin)
1. (1) La Lumiere (LaPorte, Ind.) 23-4
2. (NR) Warren Central (Indianapolis, Ind.) 32-0
3. (2) Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati, Ohio) 27-3
4. (NR) Belleville West (Belleville, Ill.) 32-2
5. (4) Clarkston (Clarkston, Mich.) 26-1
6. (6) New Albany (New Albany, Ind.) 25-2
7. (NR) Covington Catholic (Park Hills, Ky.) 35-4
8. (3) Simeon (Chicago, Ill.) 29-4
9. (NR) Orr (Chicago, Ill.) 30-4
10. (18) Scott County (Georgetown, Ky.) 37-2
11. (NR) Oshkosh North (Oshkosh, Wis.) 27-1
12. (10) Cretin-Derham Hall (St. Paul, Minn.) 27-2
13. (11) Whitney Young (Chicago, Ill.) 28-8
14. (14) Curie (Chicago, Ill.) 26-5
15. (NR) Kaukuna (Kaukuna, Wis.) 25-3
16. (NR) Solon (Solon, Ohio) 27-2
17. (NR) Wayne (Huber Heights, Ohio) 25-2
18. (8) Morgan Park (Chicago, Ill.) 25-9
19. (NR) Benton Harbor (Benton Harbor, Mich.) 27-1
20. (20) Cedar Falls (Cedar Falls, Iowa) 21-5
*Indicates forfeit wins/losses not included.
**Indicates default wins/losses not included.
Note: The FAB 50 powered by Ballislife.com is a continuation of the National Sports News Service ratings that began in 1952. These were the first national high school rankings and the late Art Johlfs of Minnesota compiled them. They were compiled for many years by the late Barry Sollenberger of Phoenix, who merged them into the FAB 50 18 years ago.