Final Southwest Region Top 20 Rankings
National Grassroots Editor
Ronnie has evaluated basketball talent for 20 years and has over 15 years of experience in publishing, editing and managing high school sports websites for companies such as Student Sports, ESPN and Ballislife. Ronnie compiles the FAB 50 National Team Rankings while serving as an account manager and consultant for grassroots event run by Ballislife and other companies, in addition to serving as a color commentator on high school broadcasts.
Follow @Ronnie Flores
We go 20 deep from five separate regions of the nation in our final Top 20 Regional Rankings. We rank 100 teams and nobody across the country ranks as many teams as Ballislife.com. Final No. 1 teams are Ranney School (East), IMG Academy (Southeast), La Lumiere (Midwest), Sunrise Christian Academy (Southwest) and Sierra Canyon (West).
Final 2018-19 FAB 50
(Through games played on Saturday, April 6; Preseason ranking in parentheses)
By Ronnie Flores
SOUTHWEST Region Top 20
(Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas)
1. (2) Sunrise Christian Academy (Bel Aire, Kan.) 23-6
2. (8) Duncanville (Duncanville, Texas) 32-7
3. (2) Guyer (Denton, Texas) 32-5
4. (4) Vashon (St. Louis, Mo.) 25-5
5. (NR) Mansfield Timberview (Arlington, Texas) 38-2
6. (16) Booker T. Washington (Tulsa, Okla.) 26-2
7. (20) Wagner (San Antonio, Texas) 33-6
8. (NR) Klein Forest (Houston, Texas) 33-4
9. (9) Memorial (Tulsa, Okla.) 25-3
10. (15) Grandview (Grandview, Mo.) 29-2
11. (11) Blue Valley Northwest (Overland Park, Kan.) 23-2
12. (NR) North Shore (Houston, Texas) 33-4
13. (NR) Steele (Cibolo, Texas) 30-9
14. (NR) Lancaster (Lancaster, Texas) 31-3
15. (3) South Garland (Garland, Texas) 30-7
16. (18) Central Plains (Claflin, Kan.) 28-0
17. (NR) Marion (Marion, Ark.) 25-3
18. (NR) Rock Bridge (Columbia, Mo.) 25-3
19. (NR) Kingfisher (Kingfisher, Okla.) 28-1
20. (NR) Omaha South (Omaha, Neb.) 21-6
*Indicates forfeit wins/losses not included.
**Indicates default wins/losses not included.
Note: The FAB 50 powered by Ballislife.com is a continuation of the National Sports News Service ratings that began in 1952. These were the first national high school rankings and the late Art Johlfs of Minnesota compiled them. They were compiled for many years by the late Barry Sollenberger of Phoenix, who merged them into the FAB 50 19 years ago.