Final Top 20 Regional Rankings
Flores, RonnieRonnie has scouted and evaluated high school basketball talent for 20 years (and counting) and has over 15 years of experience in publishing, editing and managing high school sports websites for companies such as Student Sports and ESPN. He also serves as a manager and consultant for grassroots high school events run by Ballislife, as well as other independent operators and major shoe companies. Ronnie also serves as an account manager and production supervisor for television and online streaming broadcasts while working with companies such as ESPN and Facebook. Ronnie has been quoted in numerous publications such as the Los Angeles Times and has appeared on radio sports talk shows to discuss high school and grassroots basketball, as well as serving as a color commentator on numerous high school broadcasts. The only scout/prep journalist to once serve on the prestigious Long Beach Press-Telegram’s Best of the West panel for both football and boys’ basketball, Ronnie has also served on the selection committees for the Gatorade Athlete of the Year program, the John Wooden Award for high school basketball players and as a player personnel director for the Ballislife All-American Game and Under Armour Elite 24.
Follow @Flores, Ronnie | April 4th, 2016 | 5,983 Views
We go 20 deep from five separate regions of the nation in our final Top 20 Regional Rankings. We rank 100 teams and nobody across the country ranks as many teams as Ballislife.com. Final No. 1 teams are Oak Hill Academy (East), Montverde Academy (Southeast), La Lumiere (Midwest), DeSoto (Southwest) and Chino Hills (West).
Final 2015-16 FAB 50
(Through games played on Saturday, April 2; Preseason ranking in parentheses)
By Ronnie Flores
WEST Region Top 20
(Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming)
1. (3) Chino Hills (Chino Hills, Calif.) 35-0
2. (1) Findlay Prep (Henderson, Nev.) 28-2
3. (NR) Federal Way (Federal Way, Wash.) 29-0
4. (12) Overland (Aurora, Colo.) 25-3
5. (NR) Wasatch Academy (Mt. Pleasant, Utah) 29-4
6. (8) Bishop Montgomery (Torrance, Calif.) 28-3
7. (10) West Linn (West Linn, Ore.) 26-3
8. (11) Foothills Christian (El Cajon, Calif.) 25-5
9. (NR) Bingham (South Jordan, Utah) 24-2
10. (4) Sierra Canyon (Chatsworth, Calif.) 26-5
11. (6) Rainier Beach (Seattle, Wash.) 24-6
12. (2) Garfield (Seattle, Wash.) 26-3
13. (7) Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, Nev.) 25-7
14. (16) De La Salle (Concord, Calif.) 31-3
15. (5) Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.) 27-5
16. (NR) Shadow Mountain (Phoenix, Ariz.) 27-5
17. (15) Crespi (Encino, Calif.) 33-4
18. (13) Modesto Christian (Modesto, Calif.) 32-2
19. (NR) Redondo Union (Redondo Beach, Calif.) 28-7
20. (NR) Copper Hills (West Jordan, Utah) 23-4
*Indicates forfeit wins/losses not included.
**Indicates default wins/losses not included.
Note: The FAB 50 powered by Ballislife.com is a continuation of the National Sports News Service ratings that began in 1952. These were the first national high school rankings and the late Art Johlfs of Minnesota compiled them. They were compiled for many years by the late Barry Sollenberger of Phoenix, who merged them into the FAB 50 16 years ago.