The Los Angeles Sparks will matchup against the Las Vegas Aces today. Here, you will find the WNBA betting odds, stats, and predictions for Saturday, August 19th.
This afternoon, the Los Angeles Sparks (12-18, 4-10 Away) will matchup against the Las Vegas Aces (28-3, 16-0 Home) on the road. Today's meeting is the final matchup between these two teams, in which the Aces lead the season series, 3-0. The Aces, led by Hall of Famer Becky Hammon, are undefeated at their home arena. With a 28-3 record, Las Vegas is chasing the 1998 Houston Comets, for the best record in WNBA history. In this article, I will break down the WNBA Betting odds, stats, trends, and predictions. The game will begin at 3 PM EST, at Michelob ULTRA Arena, located in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you're looking to watch and bet on the game, it will air on ABC. If you are looking for the best betting odds, stats and analysis, here is information to know.
WNBA Betting: LA Sparks vs. LV Aces Odds
Los Angeles Sparks +16.5 (-110)
The Los Angeles Sparks are coming off a three-game win streak and are arguably playing their best basketball this season. Thus, they find themselves in the playoff hunt, and five of their twelve wins have come since July 25th. Riddled, by injuries, the Sparks have been able to find somewhat of a groove. Throughout the last ten games, Los Angeles is 5-5, and have covered the spread in seven straight games. In those matchups, the Sparks covered against Atlanta, Indiana, and Washington. In addition, the Sparks, led by Head Coach Curt Miller, covered the +8.5 and +9 point spread against the New York Liberty.
In the last three games, Los Angeles is averaging 88 points a game. Although they are only favored to win by nine percent (ESPN), the purple and gold are 14-14-2 against the spread overall, whereas they are 5-8-1 against the spread, on the road this season. Over the three-game stretch, LA is shooting an improbable 40.9 percent from the three-point. Even though the Sparks are without Clouden and Brown,
All-Star forward Nneka Ogwumike has been extremely consistent this season. Furthermore, guard Jordin Canada is playing the best basketball of her career, in which Layshia Clarendon and Karlie Samuelson have stepped up. Fellow UConn Husky, Azura Stevens has found her stride this season with the Sparks and compiled two double-doubles in the month of July. Stevens is coming off an 8 rebound 15-point game against Atlanta.
Season Matchup's: Sparks vs. Aces
Today is the final and fourth matchup between the Sparks and the Aces. Although the Aces lead 3-0, the Sparks covered the +15.5 spread on May 25th. In their last meeting, Vegas dominated the spread by 19 points. More than a month ago, Aces star, A'ja Wilson outscored the entire team in the first quarter and finished with 25 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Sparks star Jordin Canada was held to three points, on 1-6 shooting. It's important to note, LA was without Clarendon this matchup, and was held to 19 percent three-point shooting as a team.
Why the Sparks can cover
Overall, the Aces been one of the most dominant teams this season and are chasing history. With a nine percent chance to win, I don't expect the Sparks to pull out the upset, especially since Vegas is undefeated at home. Conversely, LA has held opponents to 79 points in the last three games, and rank first in opponent three-point percentage (31.8).
Even though Millers squad is facing the top offense in the league, I expect them to play tough defense, considering they are still in playoff contention. Las Vegas further plays a smaller lineup, with three guards, which has been challenging for several teams. There is currently a 14.7-point discrepancy between these two squads, and even with injuries, they've covered in seven of the last ten games. Additionally, the Sparks are coming off seven days of rest, and the Aces two.
Season Statistics & Betting Trends
Los Angeles Sparks
- LA Sparks: 3-2 in their last 5 games.
- 5-5 in their last 10 games.
- ATS Record: 14-14-2
- O/U Record: 13-17-0
- 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games.
- 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 games.
- O/U is 2-3 in the last 5 games.
- O/U: 3-10 in the last 10 games.
- 10th in Offensive Rating (99.6)
- 6th in Defensive Rating (102.4)
- 10th in Points Per Game (79.1)
- 7th in Pace: 79
- Opponent Points Per Game: 81.3 (4th)
- Three-Point Percentage: 32.5 % (10th)
- Rebounds Per Game: 32 (10th)
- LA ATS won last 10 games: Indiana (-2.5), New York (+9, +8.5), Washington (+3, +2.5), Indiana (+1), Atlanta (+1).
TFW you're on a 3-game win streak! 🔥 pic.twitter.com/iJNpS4PZuA— Los Angeles Sparks (@LASparks) August 14, 2023
Las Vegas Aces
- LV Aces: 4-1in their last 5 games.
- 8-2 in their last 10 games.
- ATS Record: 19-12-0
- O/U Record: 18-13-0
- 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- 7-1 ATS in their last 10 games.
- O/U is 2-3 in the last 5 games.
- O/U: 5-5 in the last 10 games.
- 1st in Offensive Rating (115.8)
- 1st in Defensive Rating (98.2)
- 1st in Points Per Game (93.8)
- 2nd in Pace: 81
- Opponent Points Per Game: 79.5 (2nd)
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.8 % (1st)
- Rebounds Per Game: 34.9 (4th)
- LV ATS won last 10 games: Minnesota (-14), Dallas (-11), Atlanta (-13.5, -16.5), Dallas (-8.5), Washington (-17.5), New York (-7.5)
FOUR-OF-A-KIND ♦️♠️— Las Vegas Aces (@LVAces) August 18, 2023
4 Aces scored 16+ points to secure the 88-75 win over the Liberty.@cgray209: 22 PTS / 11 AST / 10 REB / 3 STL / 45% FG@_ajawilson22: 21 PTS / 8 REB / 54% FG@kelseyplum10: 18 PTS / 4-7 3PM / 50% FG@JackieYoung3: 16 PTS / 4 AST / 3 REB / 2-3 3PM / 50%FG pic.twitter.com/kAnBrn2lqe
Head-to-head stats: Sparks vs. Aces
Game 1: Las Vegas 94, LA 85 (LA +15.5, Over 170)
Game 2: Las Vegas 93, LA 65 (LV -15, Under 170.5)
Game 3: Las Vegas 97, Los Angeles 78 (LV -12.5, Over 170)
- Las Vegas leads the season series 3-0
- The Aces are 2-1 ATS vs. the Sparks this season
- Game Points (AVG) last 10 matchups: 161
- Sparks average points vs. Aces last 10 games: 76
- Aces average points vs Sparks last 10 games: 84
- Los Angeles average points last 10 games: 80
- Las Vegas average points last 10 games: 92
Los Angeles Sparks
- Lexie Brown, Guard: OUT (illness)
- Nia Clouden, Guard: OUT (knee)
- Chiney Ogwumike, Forward: OUT (foot)
- Katie Lou Samuelson, Foward: OUT
Las Vegas Aces
Projected Lineups 8/19 pic.twitter.com/0aMhnzyszn— Underdog WNBA (@Underdog__WNBA) August 19, 2023
Stay tuned for more WNBA and betting related articles. Click here for more WNBA betting strategies.
Sara Jane Gamelli is a full-time Sportswriter at BallisLife, and Sports Content Creator on Twitch. She has a focus on the NBA, WNBA, NCAA Basketball, and the NFL. Sara Jane currently resides in Connecticut with her Cat and Dog. She is a Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins, New York Yankees, and New York Giants fan. SJ has her undergraduate degree from the University of Connecticut in Economics.Tweets by BallislifeBets
NATIONAL PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE
The National Council on Problem Gambling operates the National Problem Gambling Helpline Network. The network is a single national access point to local resources for those seeking help for a gambling problem. The network consists of 28 contact centers that provide resources and referrals for all 50 states and US territories. Help is available 24/7 and is 100% confidential.