We go 20 deep from five separate regions of the nation in our final Top 20 Regional Rankings. We rank 100 teams and nobody across the country ranks as many teams as Ballislife.com. Final No. 1 teams are Oak Hill Academy (East), Montverde Academy (Southeast), La Lumiere (Midwest), Duncanville (Southwest) and Centennial (West). We still have our expanded FAB 50 rankings will full breakdowns on the nation’s 50 best teams to publish, along with our annual All-American Elite team.
Final 2021-22 FAB 50
(Preseason ranking in parentheses)
By Ronnie Flores
EAST Region Top 20
(Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia)
1. (2) Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, Va.) 33-8
2. (8) Roselle Catholic (Roselle, N.J.) 29-2
3. (1) Camden (Camden, N.J.) 31-3
4. (16) Paul VI (Fairfax, Va.) 31-5
5. (4) Imhotep Charter (Philadelphia, Pa.) 27-4**
6. (10) Cardinal Hayes (Bronx, N.Y.) 26-3
7. (NR) Sidwell Friends (Washington, D.C.) 29-2
8. (11) Archbishop Stepinac (White Plains, N.Y.) 26-4
9. (NR) Bishop McNamara (Forestville, Md.) 22-6
10. (NR) Hayfield (Alexandria, Va.) 32-0
11. (9) Mt. St. Joseph (Baltimore, Md.) 32-7
12. (NR) Neumann-Goretti (Philadelphia, Pa.) 23-4
13. (18) St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, Md.) 35-7
14. (NR) Varina (Richmond, Va.) 25-1
15. (NR) Roman Catholic (Philadelphia, Pa.) 24-4
16. (20) South Shore (Brooklyn, N.Y.) 23-3**
17. (3) DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, Md.) 21-7
18. (NR) Our Savior Lutheran (Bronx, N.Y.) 26-7
19. (NR) Mt. Vernon (Mt. Vernon, N.Y.) 24-0
20. (NR) Bristol Central (Bristol, Conn.) 28-0
*Indicates forfeit wins/losses not included.
**Indicates default wins/losses not included.
Note: The FAB 50 powered by Ballislife.com is a continuation of the National Sports News Service ratings that began in 1952. These were the first national high school rankings and the late Art Johlfs of Minnesota compiled them. They were compiled for many years by the late Barry Sollenberger of Phoenix, who merged them into the FAB 50 22 years ago.