All the WNBA straight betting odds and stats for Saturday, July 22nd.
It is July 22nd, and there are a total of four WNBA games on the slate today. The first matchup will begin at 1 PM EST, and the last at 9 PM EST. In this article, I will talk about the best odds, my analysis, and best straight bet predictions. If you are looking for the best betting odds, stats and analysis, here is information to know.
*Media sourced from the Official WNBA Twitter*
The Las Vegas Aces continue to be the most dominant team in the WNBA, at 20-2. The Aces are coming off a four-game win streak against the Minnesota Lynx, Phoenix Mercury, Los Angeles Sparks, and the Seattle Storm. In their last win against the Mercury, A'ja Wilson finished with a double-double (23 points, 15 rebounds), Jackie Young with 22 points, and Kelsey Plum with 20 points. In addition, all five of the Aces starters combined for a total of 13 steals. Here are some additional betting stats:
- The Las Vegas Aces are 4-0 in their last 4 games.
- Minnesota Lynx are 1-3 in their last 4 games.
- The Las Vegas Aces are 9-1 in their last 10 games.
- Minnesota is 6-4 in their last 10 games.
- Aces Overall ATS Record: 12-10-0.
- Aces Overall O/U Record: 13-9-0.
- Lynx Overall ATS Record: 11-10-1.
- Lynx Overall O/U Record: 10-12-0.
- The Aces are 3-1 ATS in their last 4 games.
- The Aces are 5-5 ATS in their last 10 games.
- The Lynx are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games.
- The Lynx are 5-4-1 ATS in their last 10 games.
- The Aces O/U is 6-4 in the last 10 games.
- The Lynx O/U is 6-4 in the last 10 games.
- LV ATS won last 10 games: -12.5 (Sparks), -17 (Mercury), -11.5 (Lynx), -11 (Sun), -6.5 (Liberty.)
- MIN ATS won last 10 games: -5 (Mercury), -2 (Fever), +1.5 (Mercury), +3 (Storm), -4 (Storm).
Head-to-head stats: Aces vs. Lynx
- The Las Vegas Aces are 3-0 ATS vs. the Minnesota Lynx this season.
- The Las Vegas Aces are 3-0 against the Minnesota Lynx this year.
- In 3 Games vs the Lynx, the Aces won spreads: -11.5, -17, -15.5.
- Game Points (AVG) last 10 matchups: 170.
- Aces average points vs. Lynx last 10 games: 86.
- Lynx average points vs Aces last 10 games: 84.
- Lynx average points last 10 games: 82.
- Aces average points last 10 games: 94.
Most points scored in a game this year ✅— Las Vegas Aces (@LVAces) July 10, 2023
Highest FG% by a team this year ✅
Aces drop 113 points on 59.7 FG% to defeat the Lynx and clinch a spot in the #CommissionersCup Championship.@kelseyplum10: 40 PTS / 4 AST / 14-18 FG / 6-9 3-PT@JackieYoung3: 17 PTS / 8 AST / 54% FG /… pic.twitter.com/H9pIp1avPH
Media sourced from the Las Vegas Aces official Twitter.
The Minnesota Lynx have a record of 10-12, and rank 7th overall in the WNBA. Dorka Juhasz, former UConn star, had 16 points and 10 rebounds against the Sparks. In addition, All-Star Napheesa Collier had 22 points, 8 rebounds, and Diamond Miller with 13 points and 7 rebounds. Overall, the Lynx rank 8th in points per game (79.1), 11th in 3-PT percentage (31.1), 8th in offensive rating (100.1), and 10th in defensive rating (107.2).
Overall, the Aces are 3-0 against the Lynx, and Vegas had the most points scored in a game this season, and highest field goal percentage, in their previous matchup. In addition, the Aces dropped 113 points on Minnesota, and Kelsey Plum had a career-high of 40 points and 6 three-pointers made that night. In addition, Las Vegas had five players with points in double figures, in which they shot 60 percent from the field. On the contrary, Minnesota shot 56 percent from the three, 50 percent from the field, and had 6 players with points in double figures. Vegas covered the spread in all three games, including -11.5-, -17-, and -15.5-point spreads. Although Vegas didn't cover the -16.5 spread against the Mercury, I'm confident they will cover today with their head-to-head stats, and their overall dominance this year.
The Connecticut Sun are 16-6, and have the 3rd best record in the WNBA. Although Connecticut lost Brionna Jones due to an Achillies injury in late June, they have All-Stars DeWanna Bonner and Alyssa Thomas. In their last win against Atlanta, Natisha Hiedeman led the way with 24 points and 4 steals. In addition, their starters had a combined 11 steals, and four players with points in double figures. The Connecticut Sun rank 2nd in defensive rating (105.5) and hold opponents to 78.5 points per game. Here are some additional betting stats:
- The Connecticut Sun are 4-1 in their last 5 games.
- The Atlanta Dream are 4-1 in their last 5 games.
- The Connecticut Sun are 7-3 in their last 10 games.
- Atlanta is 7-3 in their last 10 games.
- Sun Overall ATS Record: 12-9-1.
- Sun Overall O/U Record: 13-9-0
- Dream Overall ATS Record: 12-9-0
- Dream Overall O/U Record: 12-9-0
- The Sun are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The Sun are 6-4 ATS in their last 10 games.
- The Dream are 3-2 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The Dream are 6-4 ATS in their last 10 games.
- The Sun O/U is 6-4 in the last 10 games.
- The Sun hit the UNDER in 3 straight games.
- The Dream hit the UNDER in 3 straight games.
- The Dream O/U is 5-5 in the last 10 games.
- CT Under last 10 games: Atlanta (153), Phoenix (138), Chicago (156), Minnesota (157)
- ATL Under last 10 games: Connecticut (153), Minnesota (155), Seattle (160), Chicago (165), Chicago (150).
Head-to-head stats: Sun vs. Dream
- The Connecticut Sun are 2-1 ATS vs. the Atlanta Dream this season.
- The Connecticut Sun are 2-1 against the Atlanta Dream this year.
- The Over hit 2/3 Games: 180 (overtime game), 166 .
- The Under hit the last matchup: 153.
- Game Points (AVG) last 10 matchups: 159.
- CT Sun average points vs. ATL Dream last 10 games: 84.
- ATL Dream average points vs. CT Sun last 10 games: 75.
- Sun average points last 10 games: 85.
- Dream average points last 10 games: 87.
- CT Sun PPG: 83.8 (5th)
- ATL Dream PPG: 85.7 (3rd)
- CT Sun Defensive Rating: 98.7 (2nd)
- ATL Dream Defensive Rating: 102.9 (7th)
Media sourced from the Connecticut Sun official Twitter.
The Atlanta Dream are 12-9 and have the 5th best record in the WNBA. In their loss against the Connecticut Sun, Rhyne Howard led the way with 22 points and 3 steals. In addition, Allisha Gray had 18 points, 6 rebounds, 1 block, and Nia Coffey with 13 points and 13 rebounds.
Ironically, the last time the Connecticut Sun and Atlanta Dream matched up was two days ago. Yes, Connecticut won 2 out of 3 matchups, and the over hit 2 times as well. However, I would like to provide you with enough information that the under should hit today. The current total for this game is 168.5, which is on the higher side. In their first matchup, the over hit, however, the game totaled 166 points. The second matchup hit the over with 180, HOWEVER, that game went into overtime. Connecticut has one of the best defenses in the WNBA, and unless this game goes into overtime, I don't like the over. Furthermore, their average point totals in their last 10 matchups is 159 points.
The Dallas Wings are 12-9 and have the 4th best record in the WNBA. In fact, Dallas is coming off a four-game win streak, in which they won the spread 3 out of the 4 games. The Wins are 3rd in total offensive rating (106.4), 1st in offensive rebounds (11.9), and 4th in points per game (85.4). In their impressive win against the New York Liberty, the Wings put 98 total points. All-Star Satou Sabally, Arike Ogunbowale, along with Teaira McCowan and Natasha Howard. In their last game against the Sparks, all four players had points in double figures, and McCowan had a double-double, with 15 points and 12 rebounds. Here are some additional betting stats:
- The Dallas Wings are 4-0 in their last 4 games.
- Los Angeles Sparks are 0-7 in their last 7 games.
- The Dallas Wings are 7-3 in their last 10 games.
- The Sparks are 2-8 in their last 10 games.
- Dallas Overall ATS Record: 10-10-1
- Dallas Overall O/U Record: 9-12-0
- LA Overall ATS Record: 7-12-2
- LA Overall O/U Record: 10-11-0
- The Wings are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The Sparks are 0-6-1 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The Wings are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games.
- The Sparks are 2-7-1 ATS in their last 10 games.
- The Wings O/U is 3-7 in the last 10 games.
- The Sparks O/U is 5-5 in the last 10 games.
- Dallas ATS won last 10 games: New York (+7.5), Minnesota (-2.5), Las Vegas (+9.5), Las Vegas (+12), Washington (-6.5), Phoenix (-4), Atlanta (-3.5).
- LA ATS won last 10 games: Dallas (+3), Dallas (+3).
Head-to-head stats: Sparks vs. Wings
- The LA Sparks are 3-0 ATS vs. the Dallas Wings this season.
- The LA Sparks are 3-0 against the Dallas Wings this season.
- In 3 Games vs the Wings, the Sparks won spreads: +3, +3, +5.5.
- Game Points (AVG) last 10 matchups: 166
- Sparks average points vs. Wings last 10 games: 81.
- Wings average points vs. Sparks last 10 games: 84.
- Sparks average points last 10 games: 75.
- Wings average points last 10 games: 85.
WAKE UP, IT’S GAME DAY AT THE PARK‼️— Dallas Wings (@DallasWings) July 22, 2023
🏀 vs. @la_sparks
🎁 First 2,000 receive an @Arike_O bobblehead
📺 @BallySportsSW Extra or Twitter@TexasLifeInsCo | #VoltUp⚡️ pic.twitter.com/RSYHNJlMOI
*Media sourced from the Official Dallas Wings Twitter*
The Los Angeles Sparks are 7-14, and are riding a 7-game losing streak, in which they are 0-6-1 ATS. LA has been hit with injuries, and rank 10th in points per game (78.1), 11th in rebounds (32.7), and 10th in offensive efficiency (98). The Sparks last game against the Minnesota Lynx was a push, in which the Lynx were initially favored by -3. All-Star Nneka Ogwumike had her usual game, with 19 points, 9 rebounds, and 3 steals. Jordin Canada added 12 points, 7 rebounds, and 1 block, while Layshia Clarendon added 11 points.
Oddly enough the Sparks only have 7 wins, and 3 of them have come against the Dallas Wings. In fact, LA covered the spread in all three games. Whether this was pure luck, or the Sparks completely figured out the Wings gameplan, I am not sticking with the LA to cover for the fourth straight game. LA is on a 7-game skid and hasn't covered any spread since June 25th. In addition, Dallas is on a four-game win streak, and covered the spread against the the Aces (twice), and the Liberty, who are the top two teams in the league. It's important to note, Dallas covered both a +9.5 and +12 spread against the top team, the Aces.Tweets by BallislifeBets
Stay tuned for more WNBA and betting related articles. Click here for more WNBA betting strategies.
Sara Jane is a full-time Sportswriter at BallisLife, and Sports Content Creator on Twitch. She has a focus on the NBA, WNBA, NCAA Basketball, and the NFL. Sara Jane currently resides in Connecticut with her Cat and Dog. She is a Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins, New York Yankees, and New York Giants fan. SJ has her undergraduate degree from the University of Connecticut in Economics.
NATIONAL PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE
The National Council on Problem Gambling operates the National Problem Gambling Helpline Network. The network is a single national access point to local resources for those seeking help for a gambling problem. The network consists of 28 contact centers that provide resources and referrals for all 50 states and US territories. Help is available 24/7 and is 100% confidential.