There has been a lot of talk that Air Up There has lost it in his 30’s and doesn’t have the bounce he became famous for when he was doing 720 dunks on TV and making LeBron run out of the building at All-Star Weekend. Well say what you say but this video speaks for itself and should make all doubters 2nd guess their statements.
- GAME 1: Kansas City (June 22, 2013) – G-Smith goes off in debut
- GAME 2: Louisville (June 30, 2013) – Professor & Bone Collector show out
- GAME 3: Indianapolis (July 6, 2013) – G-Smith with the dunk of the summer
- GAME 4: Chicago (July 14, 2013) – Bone Collector & Springs show out
- “THE SIT DOWN” INTERVIEW: The Professor
- “THE SIT DOWN” INTERVIEW: CEO Demetrius Spencer
Continuing to take the world of streetball by storm, Ball Up announced its 2013 nationwide basketball tour today, which will travel throughout the country this summer. Traveling from Los Angeles to New York, the team will kick off an exciting series of action-packed games on June 22, in Kansas City, MO and will wrap up with a championship game in conjunction with TD Jake’s Megafest festival in Dallas, TX on August 31.
Ball Up’s innovative spin on the game of streetball has redefined the sport by bringing some of the top, untapped talent to basketball courts across the world along with big name stars that have graced the NBA hardwood as well. This year’s impressive roster includes, The Professor, AO, Baby Shaq, Air Up There, Bone Collector, Pat the Roc, Special FX, Springs, Sik Wit It, Violator and G. Smith. Rafer “Skip to My Lou” Alston and Sebastian Telfair will both serve as judges for the open run tryouts in each city. Guest coaches of the opposing teams in each city will be announced as the tour progresses and includes Hall of Fame NBA players and basketball legends. Special contests during each game will also give select lucky fans the opportunity to meet the guest coaches in each region.
As the tour makes its way across the country, Ball Up will be on the quest for a new breed of performer in the annual “Search for the Next” competition, where one lucky player will gain a coveted spot on the roster. “We’re excited about the tour this summer and are very proud to be in our third year,” said Ball Up CEO, Demetrius Spencer. “We have some great surprises lined up for fans and of course, the team is ready to take on the competition each city has to offer.”
In addition to some of the most show-stopping streetball in the world, the highly anticipated games will also feature special guest appearances, musical performances, family entertainment and more. Additionally, taking viewers nationwide behind the scenes on and off the court of the toughest streetball team around, the tour will be filmed for top rated television series, “Ball Up Search for the Next” airing fall on Fox Sports 1. Past and present sponsors of the Ball Up tour include, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Wilson, Marines, SkullCandy, Toyota and Under Armour.
From Slam Online
Founded in 2009, Ball Up is the leading streetball tour in the nation, featuring the Ball Up All-Stars which include many of the most celebrated and talented streetball players from around the country. Through its debut of the 2011 Ball Up Season on Fox Sports Net nationwide and tours that span the globe, Ball Up provides the ultimate streetball experience for both fans courtside and viewers at home.
COACH: Tracy Murray
SPECIAL GUEST JUDGES: Rafer Alston & Sebastian Telfair
- G-Smith appears on SportsNation with the dunk of the summer
- Ballup wins 111-78 in Louisville
- G-Smith dominates in his Ballup debut in Kansas City
- Iverson, Rafer Alston & Ballup in China All-Star game
- Ballup’s Special Fx talks about Shaq owing him money & J.Cole on Thisis50
- Ballup beats And1 at LA Lights
- Air Up There dunks over Maria Menounos on ExtraTV
- Life on the Road Episode 1 with The Bone Collector
More Ballup News & Videos: On Ballislife