We go 20 deep from five separate regions of the nation in our final Top 20 Regional Rankings. We rank 100 teams and nobody across the country ranks as many teams as Ballislife.com. This season, our five regions are being released separately as COVID-19 is still affecting when teams finish up around the country. We began with the Southeast Region, moved on to the Midwest Region, then the Southwest Region and now we take a look at the East Region. This region has strong teams traditionally up and down the seaboard, but this year majority of those states didn’t get full seasons or have a playoff. The West Region will conclude in late June. Teams can still move up or down in the FAB 50, but the regional placement is final for 2020-21.
Final 2020-21 FAB 50
(Preseason ranking in parentheses)
By Ronnie Flores
EAST Region Top 20
(Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia)
1. (2) DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, Md.) 9-0***
2. (7) Camden (Camden, N.J.) 13-0
3. (6) Long Island Lutheran (Glen Head, N.Y.) 3-0
4. (1) Paul VI (Fairfax, Va.) 7-4
5. (NR) Reading (Reading, Pa.) 26-2
6. (15) Patrick School (Elizabeth, N.J.) 14-1
7. (5) Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, Va.) 21-9
8. (4) Archbishop Wood (Warminster, Pa.) 19-1
9. (19) Neumann-Goretti (Philadelphia, Pa.) 9-1**
10. (8) Blair Academy (Blairstown, N.J.) 2-0
11. (3) St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, Md.) 15-1***
12. (NR) Manasquan (Manasquan, N.J.) 12-0
13. (NR) Blue Ridge (St. George, Va.) 15-0
14. (NR) Wilson (West Lawn, Pa.) 20-2
15. (11) Roselle Catholic (Roselle, N.J.) 12-3
16. (NR) Stone Bridge (Ashburn, Va.) 16-1
17. (NR) John Carroll (Bel Air, Md.) 11-5
18. (NR) Cardinal Hayes (Bronx, N.Y.) 6-1
19. (NR) Bristol Central (Bristol, Conn.) 16-0
20. (NR) Imhotep Charter (Philadelphia, Pa.) 14-0
*Indicates forfeit wins/losses not included.
**Indicates default wins/losses not included.
***Indicates results vs. out-of-season opponents not included.
Note: The FAB 50 powered by Ballislife.com is a continuation of the National Sports News Service ratings that began in 1952. These were the first national high school rankings and the late Art Johlfs of Minnesota compiled them. They were compiled for many years by the late Barry Sollenberger of Phoenix, who merged them into the FAB 50 21 years ago.