We go 20 deep from five separate regions of the nation in our final Top 20 Regional Rankings. We rank 100 teams and nobody across the country ranks as many teams as Ballislife.com. This season, our five regions will be released separately as COVID-19 is still affecting when teams finish up around the country. We began with the Southeast Region, then moved on to the Midwest Region, and now we take a look at the Southwest Region. The region is traditionally dominated by Texas teams, including No. 2 Duncanville (Texas) and five others. Next up is the East Region. Teams can still move up or down in the FAB 50, but the regional placement is final for 2020-21.
Final 2020-21 FAB 50
(Preseason ranking in parentheses)
By Ronnie Flores
SOUTHWEST Region Top 20
(Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas)
1. (1) Sunrise Christian Academy (Bel Aire, Kan.) 20-4
2. (2) Duncanville (Duncanville, Texas) 29-1
3. (3) Millard North (Omaha, Neb.) 27-2
4. (10) Westlake (Austin, Texas) 30-2
5. (NR) Bellevue West (Bellevue, Neb.) 24-3
6. (NR) Beaumont United (Beaumont, Texas) 31-0
7. (NR) Bishop Miege (Shawnee Mission, Kan.) 22-1
8. (NR) Kingfisher (Kingfisher, Okla.) 25-1
9. (7) North Little Rock (North Little Rock, Ark.) 21-2
10. (8) Waxahachie (Waxahachie, Texas) 20-3
11. (NR) Creighton Prep (Omaha, Neb.) 23-3
12. (NR) Atascocita (Humble, Texas) 24-3
13. (15) Richardson (Richardson, Texas) 25-2
14. (NR) Vashon (St. Louis, Mo.) 15-1**
15. (NR) Del City (Del City, Okla.) 22-4
16. (NR) Kickapoo (Springfield, Mo.) 28-2
17. (NR) Chaminade (St. Louis, Mo.) 22-2
18. (NR) Cleveland (Rio Rancho, N.M.) 14-1
19. (NR) Central (Little Rock, Ark.) 23-5
20. (20) Las Cruces (Las Cruces, N.M.) 14-1
*Indicates forfeit wins/losses not included.
**Indicates default wins/losses not included.
***Indicates results vs. out-of-season opponents not included.
Note: The FAB 50 powered by Ballislife.com is a continuation of the National Sports News Service ratings that began in 1952. These were the first national high school rankings and the late Art Johlfs of Minnesota compiled them. They were compiled for many years by the late Barry Sollenberger of Phoenix, who merged them into the FAB 50 21 years ago.